CEFR compared to North American language proficiency standards
Comoto uses the European CEFR standard in language proficiency. Having more and more users from North America we are looking at the possibility to have more than CEFR as the language proficiency scale in our CV application. Until we have finished that project we have found the table below to clarify for the users the major differences in the different proficiency standards out there.
The following table establishes equivalences between the CEFR and some North American standards.
The standards compared are:
- The CEFR itself
- Interagency Language Roundtable Scale (ILR, United States)
- American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages Proficiency Guidelines (ACTFL)
- New Brunswick Oral Proficiency Scale (NB OPS, English and French only)
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB, English and French only)
- Public Service Commission of Canada Second Official Language Proficiency Levels (PSC, English and French only)
The Comoto Team
Comoto‘s aim is to become “The Central Place” where you can create, clone, copy, manage, backup and distribute your CV and Cover letters fast and easy. To create your first Comoto CV, signup for free and just add your data (or use one of the many easy import features), pick one of our special designed templates, preview your CV and finally export to your favourite format (.DOC – .PDF – .PNG) or publish it in a Web Profile (Public/Private). Now you are ready to have full control of your CV. Notice other unique features – like multiple CV’s – a few clicks and you can create a CV targeted for a specific job or Export to many different formats.