CEO comments – Privacy – ”You have no privacy. Get over it” – accept it or try to handle it – if that is possible at all!
The above quote from the CEO of Sun in 1999 seems to be more evident than ever – after a week where it was illustrated that Apple is tracking our phone calls and our geolocation – just one week after Facebook was advised to “better protect its users and improve overall security” by Sophos is seems more then relevant to touch this important subject, once again.
In several blog posts I will focus on and describe several privacy issues and especially their effect on your Resumes and job process related risk and behavior – it is as very difficult balance between giving and controlling information, being open or being closed in behavior!
Some of the subjects I will comment is:
- Public / available information
- How to find the right balance between being found by headhunters on social networks and not show to much information making it possible to misuse the information.
Is an increasing problem and often it is easy to find the necessary information in your CV / Resume to either harass you or stalk you.
- Your web history is being tracked with cookies and other smart tools
Who to seem what and when – what if shared
- Search engine results What can We find out about you if we search you on Google and others – if the information is not the same as in your CV – what is the correct information and how can you – or can’t – change the search impression
- Social networks
We all love social networks – the LinkedIn of this world – but what happens if your network is with the wrong guys ?
- Fake job offers Increasing in numbers trying either to get you to do something you should have avoided or just to get information from you – see my CEO comments here on this matter LINK
- CV Database scams
Inventing traffic on the CV Database site or fake interest in you – can make you make the wrong decisions – see my CEO comments here on this subject LINK
- Spam An old friend – still there and stronger than ever!
The new recipe – mails from a provider where you accepted – or did not remove the check-mark within the 44 pages standard terms – is increasing and drowning you in mails missing the important one
Please let me know if I should take similar matters into consideration – feel free to mail us at email@example.com